of this website.What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded on to your device (whether a computer, smartphone, tablet or any other device) when you access a web page. It allows the owner of that page to store or retrieve certain information on a number of things, such as the number of times a user visits a page, the registered user's identity, guaranteeing the user's session while browsing the page, allowing transactions to be carried out safely and reliably, etc.
As indicated, cookies provide information on the browsing habits of users and can therefore affect their privacy. We thus wish to provide you with the necessary information on the type of cookies used on our website so that you have full decision-making power in relation to the use thereof and in relation to the protection of your privacy.
The responsible party is COMPAÑÍA ESPAÑOLA DE PETRÓLEOS, S.A. (hereinafter Cepsa or Cepsa Group), with tax identification number (C.I.F.): A28003119; with address at Paseo de la Castellana n° 259, 28046, Madrid and, e-mail of the Data Protection Delegate: firstname.lastname@example.org
. What types of cookies do we use and for what purposes?
Below we provide information on the type of cookies used on the Cepsa Group websites and their purpose:
- Technical cookies: They are a type of cookies that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, including those that allow the management and operation of the website and enable its functions and services, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the buying process of an order, manage the payment, control fraud linked to the security of the service, among others.
- Analytical cookies: They are a type of cookies designed and used for monitoring and analyzing users’ behavior. This type of cookies offers the owner of the site the metrics of activity on the website through aggregate or statistical information.
- Advertising Cookies: These are cookies designed and used for the most efficient management of advertising spaces, if any, on the website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies are designed
and used for the most efficient management of advertising spaces, if any, on the website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on users’ behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a specific profile to display advertising based thereon.
You can consult the complete list of cookies we use in the Cookies Policy.Who uses the cookies?
The information collected through the cookies of a web page can be used both by the owner of the website and by a third party that provides a service to the owner. The information from cookies used on the Cepsa Group websites is processed by Cepsa Group companies and Fundación Cepsa as well as by third parties for the purposes indicated.
Links to the privacy policies for third party cookies are provided below:Googlehttps://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=es&fg=1#enforcement https://policies.google.com/privacy/frameworks?hl=es&fg=1 Hotjar:https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/ Twitter:https://help.twitter.com/es/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy Information on data transfers to third countries
If you disable the installation of all cookies on the website, except those necessary, some site features and content may be affected.
At any time you can modify your cookie settings and withdraw your consent by clicking on the following link:
How to view cookies in the main browsers
All browsers give the user the possibility of searching and viewing the cookies installed by a specific website, obtaining information regarding the duration of cookies and the possibility of deleting them, as indicated in the following section. Below is a series of links on this issue for the most popular browsers:
• Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
• Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/cookies-informacion-que-los-sitios-web-guardan-en-
• Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-ininternet-explorer-9
• Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/es/cookies/ How to delete cookies in the main browsers
To restrict or block cookies, you must modify the browser settings on your device—whether a computer, smartphone, tablet or other device. In general, browsers offer the following configuration options in relation to installing cookies:
- The browser rejects all cookies and, therefore, no cookies from any web page are installed on your device.
- The browser warns you before the cookie installation occurs so you can decide whether or not to accept the cookie.
- The browser only rejects third-party cookies from the websites you visit, but not those used by the website you browse.
- The option of browsing in private mode, whereby cookies are installed in the device but are automatically deleted when you finish browsing the website:
If you disable cookies for this website, some of the site's features and content may be affected.Conservation period
Cepsa may modify the Cookies Policy in whole or in part, publishing any change in the same manner in which this policy appears or through any type of communication addressed to users, according to legislative or regulatory requirements or in order to adapt said policy to the instructions of the Spanish Data Protection Agency. We therefore recommend that you visit this policy periodically.
Last update date: July 2021